When Do You Need Mold Testing?
The sign and symptoms of mold and biotoxin illness leading to Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS) are:
- Muscle cramps
- Sharp icepick pain or pains in the eye or temple area
- Shortness of breath
- Blurred vision
- Joint and/or abdominal pain
- Light sensitivity
- Memory loss
- Problems with concentration
The following tests are useful in detecting mold either in your body or at home.
Urinary Mycotoxin Test
Blood Test For Mold
Mold testing in your Home
How To Deal With Mold Toxicity
If you have mold in your body or in your home, it’s imperative to first get rid of any mold exposure eliminating the trigger.
- Leave the moldy environment as soon a possible.
- Throw away all papers and books that may harbor these mycotoxins.
- Clean all the clothing in 3 loads. First load use 2 cups ammonia and wash. Second load use one cup borax and wash. Third and final wash use Epsom Salts.
- Consider throwing away porous furniture as these may harbor mold.
- Use air filters. Some examples: IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier, AIR Doctor and Austin Air Bedroom Machine Air Purifier.
- Minimize EMF exposure, EMF can increase mycotoxins by 600 times. Can use things like Biotag or grounding.
- Drink half to a full oz of filtered water for every pound of body weight per day. ( Eg. 60-120 oz for 120 pound person).
- Avoid moldy foods and high glycemic starches. Foods to avoid: alcohol, cheese, corn, coffee, cottonseed oil, dried fruit, fermented foods, gluten, peanuts, cashews, pistachios, refined flours, mushrooms and canned tomato sauces.
- Foods high in arginine helps the liver to detoxify excessive ammonia. Walnuts and seeds are high in arginine. The liver needs living enzymes, vitamins, natural antibiotic substances, anti parasitic, anti- fungal and anticancer phyto-nutrients.
- Eat foods high in vitamin K- green leafy vegetables and alfalfa sprouts.
- Eat foods high in antioxidants- found in fresh raw juices such as carrot, celery, apple and green drinks from chlorella and spirulina. As well as fresh citrus juice from lemons and limes. This is best given at the suggestion of your coach or provider.
- Eat foods high in selenium- found in kelp, garlic and onions.
- Eat foods high in methionine- found in eggs, fish, garlic, onions, seeds and meat.
- Eat foods high in essential fatty acids, required for healthy membranes in every cell of the body especially for healthy liver function. Strict low fat diets are therefore not beneficial for general health, weight loss or liver detoxification. Examples include fresh seafood llike sardines, salmon, mackerel, tuna, trout, mullet, calamari, herring, blue eye cod. Cod liver oil and Fish oil. Also avocado, fresh organic raw nuts like almonds, walnuts and pecans and seeds, green vegetables such as spinach, green beans, eggplant, cold pressed fresh vegetable and seed oils, freshly ground seeds, especially flax seeds (linseed), evening primrose oil, black-currant seed oil, starflower oil are rich in essential fatty acids.
- Eat foods high in Natural Sulfur compounds- Eggs (pasteurized eggs only), garlic, onions, leeks, shallots and cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and brussels sprouts.
- Phosphatidylcholine – a key component to making all membranes in your cells fluid and flexible. It helps mitochondria build up its defenses, especially in the brain after being so inflamed from the mold toxins.
- Glutathione – glutathione detoxifies and recycles other antioxidants. It repairs mitochondria and fight oxidative stress.
- Binders like cholestyramine and activated charcoal – help remove mycotoxins by binding them and eliminating them from your gut. Make sure you do not take these along with other nutrients or supplements.
- Ozone therapy – ozone removes mycotoxins and toxic mold because of its anti-microbial effects. Read here more about ozone treatment. **
- Vitamin C – boosts the immune system and adrenal health and effectively deals with the inflammation that mold and its toxins have produced.
- For some individuals, dealing with mold toxins in the body involves eliminating a staph infection called MARCoNS in the sinuses. This coag-negative staph bacteria creates biofilm and exotoxins which can be prohibitive to healing. One can use silver in their nasal rinses or BEG spray, or even strong medications like amphotericin to treat the MARCoNS. Sometimes multiple treatments are needed to be effective.
Mold testing in the Lam Clinic helps our professionals determine whether mold brings on the symptoms you exhibit and plan the best remediation needed.